DENVER, CO - After nearly a decade of negotiations, an agreement has been made between the Purebred Arabian Trust (representing the Arabian Horse Association’s 100-year old purebred Arabian horse registry) and the World Arabian Horse Organization (WAHO) that grants the Arabian Horse Association (AHA) Registry exclusive authority over American registrations as recognized by WAHO. This status change is effective January 01, 2008, and returns all associated responsibilities from the Purebred Arabian Horse Registry (PAHR) to the AHA Registry.
"We are delighted in the success of this agreement," said Bob Fauls, Chairman of the Purebred Arabian Trust (PAT), "and believe this to be a momentous occasion promising a bright future of significant benefit to the Arabian horse community."
While this changes nothing relating to domestic registration procedures for AHA members, it does affect registration activity requiring WAHO involvement - namely certain international importation and exportation procedures of purebred Arabian horses and semen. Beginning January 01, 2008, the PAT in conjunction with the Arabian Horse Association (AHA) will be the only registering authority in the United States recognized by WAHO.
In order to facilitate PAT’s admission to WAHO membership, PAHR has agreed it will cease its activities December 31, 2007 and refer new and pending transactions to AHA. Since the WAHO membership of the AHA Registry’s predecessor, the Arabian Horse Registry of America, was terminated in 1997, PAHR has provided to the American Arabian horse community a venue for international Arabian horse transactions, importations and exportations.
A major consideration in achieving this agreement with WAHO is the fact that the Studbooks have been closed and the purebred Arabian database is now firmly established and defined. Hans Nagel, president of WAHO, said From now on, the world-wide Arabian horse breed is an exclusive and closed population and will be guarded as such.
More information will be forthcoming, including but not limited to the next AHA President’s Letter, Modern Arabian Horse magazine, and http://www.purebredarabiantrust.com/
lundi 31 décembre 2007
Archives du blog
- ► 2010 (25)
- ► 2009 (43)
- ► 2008 (68)
- Arabian Horse Association Now Included in World Re...
- Successful Endurance Riding with Jill Thomas, Part...
- Flu Vaccine for New Zealand- December 2007
- Joyeux Noel: L'équipe de Cheval Endurance France
- Musculoskeletal System: blog from Persian Horse
- Endurance Great Britain
- Flu outbreak cancels show horse events - Dec 12 20...
- Getting the hump - Dec 14 2007
- Ice skater turned horse rider gallops to success -...
- 2008 Rambouillet
- Jeni Gilbert EnduranceGB Supreme Champion 2007
- National Federations to Report Metabolic Eliminati...
- Oletta 2007
- Shaikha Madiya in 120-km Abu Dhabi ride - Dec 2 20...
- AUSTR - Fair Treatment Recreational and Sporting H...
- Horse welfare at top of FEI endurance review
- ▼ décembre (18)