7days.ae - Full Story By Mike Norrish
Cranky camels have been kicked out of the Abu Dhabi Adventure Challenge after a mass show of desert defiance. The gruelling endurance event hit major problems during the desert trekking stage, after the 25 camels enlisted to carry essential supplies lived up to their cantankerous reputations.
And after camel-related problems prevented several teams from finishing the 87-kilometre journey, organisers decided to void the stage. That ruling meant the leaders before the desert trek - Team Eurosport NZ - returned back to first place ahead of the penultimate day's mountain bike trial.
The week-long, multi-event endurance event has been staged by the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority, and features intrepid teams from all over the world. Although two teams from the UAE are taking part, many of the competitors were entirely unfamiliar with the 'ships of the desert'.
Camel training was provided...
Archives du blog
- ► 2010 (25)
- ► 2009 (43)
- ► 2008 (68)
- Arabian Horse Association Now Included in World Re...
- Successful Endurance Riding with Jill Thomas, Part 1
- Flu Vaccine for New Zealand- December 2007
- Joyeux Noel: L'équipe de Cheval Endurance France
- Sans titre
- Sans titre
- Musculoskeletal System: blog from Persian Horse
- Endurance Great Britain
- Flu outbreak cancels show horse events - Dec 12 2007
- Getting the hump - Dec 14 2007
- Ice skater turned horse rider gallops to success -...
- 2008 Rambouillet
- Jeni Gilbert EnduranceGB Supreme Champion 2007
- National Federations to Report Metabolic Eliminations
- Oletta 2007
- Shaikha Madiya in 120-km Abu Dhabi ride - Dec 2 2007
- AUSTR - Fair Treatment Recreational and Sporting H...
- Horse welfare at top of FEI endurance review
- ▼ décembre (18)