By Mark Smith
The owners of a horse which slipped into a canal have said they were terrified their beloved animal was going to drown.
Pepsi the horse lost her footing while going for a morning ride on a canal towpath in Leigh and plunged into the murky water.
Luckily owner John Gaskell was not riding her at the time, he had just dismounted so he could get past a tricky patch of overgrown trees, on the banks of the Leeds and Liverpool Canal near Plank Lane.
But poor Pepsi, a 15-year-old middleweight hunter, lost her balance and splashed into the brown canal.
The fire brigade were called and crews from Leigh spent a gruelling hour trying to get her out.
Archive du blog
- ► 2010 (25)
- ► 2009 (43)
- ► 2008 (68)
- Karin Boulanger Wins 2007 Monpazier!!
- UK: Fire crews save drowning horse
- Denmark prepares for Scandinavian Championship
- FRA: Néris. les Bains (FRA)
- Metabolic Eliminations in Race Results - Why it Ma...
- Malibu Endurance
- Qatar Foundation supports Al Shaqab team at Portug...
- UK News: France takes dual European endurance gold
- Images of the Finish
- Nearing the Finish - It's a Race!!!
- European Championship: Bahrain Ready
- FRA: Bourg d'Oisans CEI** Results
- ▼ septembre (12)