Published: Wednesday, 12 September, 2007, 01:55 AM Doha Time
QATAR Foundation (QF) extended its support to the Al Shaqab Endurance Team at Portugal Open 2007, according to an official of the foundation.
Qatar Foundation was the sponsor of this year's FEI European Endurance Championship ‘Open’ that started on September 8 in Portugal.
The prestigious event covers 160km, with over 80 riders from 20 countries. Qatar was represented by Qatar Foundation member Al Shaqab.
Al Shaqab entered seven horses and six top endurance riders – Fahad Munif al-Hajeri, Essa Ahmed al-Mannai, Abdul Rahman al-Sulaitin, Abdulla Towaim al-Marri, Hamad Ali Rashid al-Ardi and Atta Mohammed Peer. They competed fiercely and were leading for some time until the leading horse had to be withdrawn.
The gold medal was won by the French team, silver was awarded to Bahrain and bronze to Spain.
Sheikh Hamad bin Ali al-Thani, breeding adviser and board member of Al Shaqab, crowned the winning teams. He expressed his compliments to the organising committee for making this championship a success.
Qatari team leader Ibrahim Saaed al-Malki expressed hopes for the championship stating: “Qatar Foundation represented by Al Shaqab stud was keen to participate as an official sponsor and with a team of riders in this championship to show its support for this sport which is deeply rooted in the Arab
mercredi 12 septembre 2007
Archives du blog
- ► 2010 (25)
- ► 2009 (43)
- ► 2008 (68)
- Karin Boulanger Wins 2007 Monpazier!!
- UK: Fire crews save drowning horse
- Denmark prepares for Scandinavian Championship
- FRA: Néris. les Bains (FRA)
- Metabolic Eliminations in Race Results - Why it Ma...
- Malibu Endurance
- Qatar Foundation supports Al Shaqab team at Portug...
- UK News: France takes dual European endurance gold...
- Images of the Finish
- Nearing the Finish - It's a Race!!!
- European Championship: Bahrain Ready
- FRA: Bourg d'Oisans CEI** Results
- ▼ septembre (12)