By Justine Thompson
17 March 2009 17:04
EponaShoe (UK) is to sponsor GB Endurance senior squad member Rachael Claridge, with her horse Blue Chip Prince Meliodas, for the 2009 season.
EponaShoes are popular with endurance riders in the USA, and the sport in the UK is also becoming interested in them.
EponaShoes are lightweight, with shock absorbing properties similar to hoof keratin, so reducing concussion and wear and tear on hooves and joints.
By also supporting the frog and sole, the hoof is allowed to function much like a barefoot, but with the protection of a shoe, thus producing a healthier, higher performance foot.
This also means that the horse is able to move with more naturally efficient biomechanics, all of which becomes critical in any high performance sports horse.
Rachael has represented Team GB at young rider and senior level since 1997. She is currently preparing for the 2009 European Championships and 2010 World Equestrian Games with ‘Mel’, and has a busy training and competition schedule ahead.
She said: “The health and performance of Mel’s feet are crucial to our success. He feels exceptionally sure-footed over all terrain and I feel confident that the EponaShoes are giving him the support and protection he requires to perform.
The concussion-reducing properties of the shoes mean that I also worry less about associated joint problems.”
Archive du blog
- ► 2010 (25)
- Endurer local, organiser global
- New Zealand: Sophie a natural in the saddle
- New Zealand: Trail Riding Club looking for volunte...
- Great Britain: Pony Club Endurance
- Great Britain: The Pony Club Endurance Enjoys Fant...
- Archéologie de l’endurance
- Great Britain: EponaShoe sponsors endurance rider
- Great Britain: Join the Great Rescue Ride
- France CEN and FEI Qualification rulings
- Great Britain: Tested staying power
- ▼ mars (10)
- ► 2008 (68)