Thehorse.com - Full story
by: Christa Lesté-Lasserre
January 12 2008, Article # 11156
Three top dressage riders--one from Switzerland and two from Canada—have renounced their participation in the 2008 summer Olympics in China, citing potential equine health hazards posed by extreme climate and travel conditions.
Canadian riders Cindy Ishoy and Ashley Nicoll-Holzer, members of the 1988 bronze-winning team in Seoul, announced their withdrawal from the Hong Kong-based events late Thursday, according to Canada's Globe and Mail, two days after Swiss rider Silvia Iklé announced that she would not participate in the games in order to protect the health of her horses, Salieri CH and Romario.
"It was with great difficulty that I came to this decision …
vendredi 18 janvier 2008
Archives du blog
- ► 2010 (25)
- ► 2009 (43)
- Two Canadian Riders Opt Out of Olympics - Jan 18 2...
- Bin Laden Son Wants to Be Peace Activist - Jan 17 ...
- Austr: Sydney Airport is now no-go for NZ horses -...
- What the crew thinks of the richest ever endurance...
- Olympic Organizers Confident Hong Kong Weather wil...
- Tropical horses could win the Olympic equestrian e...
- Dubai: Liz Taylor back again!
- Strong French line-up for HHSM Endurance Cup 2008
- Australia: Happy Trails Again - Jan 3 2008
- ▼ janvier (9)