vendredi 11 janvier 2008
Thehorse.com - Full story
by: The Associated Press
January 10 2008, Article # 11140
Olympic organizers do not expect other equestrian teams to follow the lead of Switzerland by pulling out of events at this year's Games due to Hong Kong's heat and humidity.
The Swiss team said Wednesday that it would not take part in the dressage event in Hong Kong because top rider Silvia Ikle was concerned about the stress of the weather and travel on her horse.
"We haven't been officially notified by the Swiss team, but we will respect their decision," Christopher Yip, media manager of the Equestrian Company, the body overseeing the Games' equestrian events said Thursday.
"We don't expect to see any other teams pulling out."
Hong Kong, which has a well-established racing circuit, was chosen to host the equestrian events at this year's Olympics...
Archives du blog
- ► 2010 (25)
- ► 2009 (43)
- Two Canadian Riders Opt Out of Olympics - Jan 18 2...
- Bin Laden Son Wants to Be Peace Activist - Jan 17 ...
- Austr: Sydney Airport is now no-go for NZ horses -...
- What the crew thinks of the richest ever endurance...
- Olympic Organizers Confident Hong Kong Weather wil...
- Tropical horses could win the Olympic equestrian e...
- Dubai: Liz Taylor back again!
- Strong French line-up for HHSM Endurance Cup 2008
- Australia: Happy Trails Again - Jan 3 2008
- ▼ janvier (9)