Jul 20 2007
PERTH Racecourse was the venue for a different kind of equine event when it recently hosted a Scottish Endurance Riding Club (SERC) event with classes distances ranging from a 22km pleasure ride to an 80km endurance ride.
The Tayside branch of SERC was holding its major event of the season and ride organisers Alison Seggie and Kevin Bazley had pulled out all the stops to lay on a fantastic route.
Unfortunately, this summer’s monsoon meant that many of the hill tracks were unusable and at one stage the ride itself looked in jeopardy. With some last minute route changes, the competition went ahead, and four horse and rider combinations set out at 8.30am on the first of three loops.
The sun shone on a route that took riders out and back through the Mansfield Estates. Road crossings were manned by Blairgowrie Riding for Disabled Association.
Lothians rider Pamela Scougall on Vivaldi secured a convincing victory in the 80km class at an average speed 14.55 kph and gain her Gold Thistle Final and Best Condition.
vendredi 20 juillet 2007
Inscription à : Publier les commentaires (Atom)
Archives du blog
- ► 2010 (25)
- ► 2009 (43)
- ► 2008 (68)
- JPN: Horse.TV Shining Moon Coverage
- FRA : Tarbes CEI** 4th round of Trans-Pyrénéen Ch...
- FEI Results and Rankings
- Scotland: Distance no object in quest for victory
- Scotland: Neigh bother representing Scotland at ho...
- Blida - Algérie - Jeux PanAfricains - 16/07
- FRA: Champions of France!
- PanAm: 10 Year Endurance Celibration!
- FRA: CEI**120km Bahrain Cup Results
- FRA : French championship 160 Km CEI***/bahreïn in...
- UK : Euston Park CEI***/** Endurance
- SWE: Onsala Arabians sponsor of Endurance in Sweden
- ITA: 2007 Gubbio Adventure
- POR: 2007 Barroca d'Alva - Alice Proust
- ▼ juillet (14)
Enregistrer un commentaire