mercredi 31 mars 2010
Haras d'Uzès: the only national studfarm in the South of France
Haras (stud-farm) founded in 1972, the Haras d'Uzes is one of 23 French national stud farms and has in excess of 70 horses of different breeds, including Arab and English. It is also used by long-distance horse riders.
The purpose of national stud farms is to administer the breeding of horses from production to use and as such to ensure gene pool preservation and enhancement, to exercise authority over horse-racing and betting and to contribute to the development of horsemanship.
Haras1 The National Stud Farm (or Haras) of Uzès is the only one for the Languedoc-Roussillon, Provence-Alpes-Cote-d'Azur and Corsica regions. The facilities are modern and include two large-sized riding stables, two outdoor schools for the studs, an arena and offices. The Stud Farm can be toured every afternoon from 2PM to 5PM (except Sundays) from March 15th to July 1st (breeding season). Guided tours on horseback are organized from June to September on Tuesday and Thursday. These tours are organized year round with reservations for groups. Phone: +33 (0)4 66 22 68 88.
It is at the Haras d'Uzes that Lucien Gruss, a master of schooling and a passionate horseman, has installed his nineteen stallions and team for the past four years...
Read more here.
Archives du blog
- Haras d'Uzès: the only national studfarm in the So...
- Cambio de nombre del Raid Kaliber Al-Andalus
- Great Britain: Riders pass on secrets of their end...
- V Raid Kaliber Andalucia - la presentacion
- Great Britain: New endurance riding season underwa...
- Great Britain: Westcountry pair aiming for Kentuck...
- Mrs Golden Horseshoe - Barbara Wigley
- ▼ mars (7)
- ► 2009 (43)
- ► 2008 (68)